Aimee Van Dyne
Aimee Van Dyne's new album, Broken Love Songs, has placed in multiple Songwriting Competitions and received radio airplay on over 100 stations around the world. Some highlights include:
- 2022 International Acoustic Music Awards (IAMA) Runner Up, AAA/Alternative Category: "Why Should I Care?"
- 2022 John Lennon Songwriting Contest Finalist, Country Category: 'Lonely Me'
- 2022 John Lennon Songwriting Contest Finalist, Folk Category: 'Hold On'
- #45 on the July Alt-Country Chart
- #20 Top Album on the July FAI Folk Chart
- #27 Top Artist on the July FAI Folk Chart
- #20 on the Roots Music Report's Weekly Top 50 Massachusetts Artist Album Chart
- #30 on the Roots Music Report's Weekly Top 50 Massachusetts Artist Song Chart for "Lonely Me"
- #31 on the Roots Music Report's Weekly Top 50 Massachusetts Song Chart for "Broken Love Songs"
- Placed on WVIA's top 40 AAA (Adult Alternative Album) playlist 4 weeks in a row
Folk/Americana singer-songwriter Aimee Van Dyne hails from Brooklyn, but currently calls Berkshire County her home. In New York, she has performed at venues such as The Bitter End and Rockwood Music Hall, where her live performances have been described as “three of the best voices in town soar(ing) through a uniquely imaginative blend of ideas.” Her original songs, a distinctive blend of Folk/Americana and Pop/Rock, are characterized by “catchy choruses and melodies that frequently evoke the thoughtful, George Harrison-side of the Beatles.” (New York Music Daily)
She is currently promoting her new CD, “Broken Love Songs” which was produced by multi-instrumentalist Jim Henry (Tracy Grammer, Eliza Gilkyson) and features a first-class team of musicians, including Jon Carroll (Mary Chapin Carpenter), Paul Kochanski (Lori McKenna), and Jon Graboff (Ryan Adams).
Aimee began writing songs while still a student at Brown University and then continued to write and record while studying architecture at The Cooper Union. In 2001, she released her first EP, “Owning Up,” while working as an architect in NYC. After taking time off to raise her twin daughters, Aimee embarked on a new journey, moving up to The Berkshires to pursue a career in music full-time. Her new CD is available at her web site, http://www.aimeevandyne.com, as well as all streaming services.